Mega Potency Fish Oil: Essential for Heart and Vascular Health
- Instrumental in regulating inflammation, blood pressure and thickness, hormone production, and the activities of the immune and central nervous systems.
- Studies suggest that Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) may be linked to omega-3 deficiency.
- Has been shown to decrease elevated serum triglycerides.
- Deficiencies of omega-3 may also be linked to depression.
- Important for infants (and a developing fetus) for proper development of the brain and retina of the eyes.
- Deficiencies have also been found in people who have allergies, asthma, and skin disorders like eczema and psoriasis.
- Supports cardiovascular health by lowering blood pressure, relaxing blood vessels and lowering cholesterol levels.
- May also reduce pain for sufferers of rheumatoid arthritis.
- May be helpful for symptoms of Crohn’s disease.
What is Mega Potency Fish Oil?
By far, the best type of omega-3 fats are those found in fish. The omega-3 in fish oil is high in two fatty acids crucial to human health, DHA and EPA. These two fatty acids are pivotal in preventing many diseases. The human brain relies heavily on DHA - low DHA levels have been linked to depression, schizophrenia, memory loss, and a higher risk of developing Alzheimer's Disease. Researchers are now also linking inadequate intake of these omega-3 fats in pregnant women to premature birth and low birth weight, and to hyperactivity in children. Our Mega Potency Fish Oil has 1000mg of Fish Oil, 360mg of EPA and 240mg of DHA per softgel.
Sadly, though, eating fresh fish, whether from the ocean, lakes and streams, or farm-raised, is no longer recommended. Mercury levels in all fish have now hit dangerously high levels across the world, and the risk of this mercury to your health now outweighs the omega-3 benefits of fish. Routine consumption of fish oil, however, is highly encouraged as a key ingredient in improving your health. Fish oil contains the highest levels of the best omega-3 fats - those with the EPA and DHA fatty acids - and, as it is in pure form, does not pose the mercury risk of fresh fish.
Where does our Mega Potency Fish Oil come from?
Our Fish Oil is derived primarily from Sardines (Sardina/Sardinella 9 different sub species names) and Anchovies (Engraulidae under 8 different sub species names) Mackerel is also used. All fish used for oil in our products are caught in deep cold water channels in the Northern Atlantic and Pacific oceans. The fish oil used comes from "fish body oil" which is primarily found in the flesh.
Guarantee of purity:
The specification for the mercury in the WFM Fish Oil is a maximum of 0.005 parts per million or 0.005 mg/kg. The amount of mercury per softgel is guaranteed to be less than 0.000005 mg. The ppm will always be 0.05 ppm of the fill material. The molecular distillation processing of the WFM Fish Oil removes any and all Dioxins that may be in the oil. Dioxin content is measured in a complicated TEQ system and the WFM Fish Oil is guaranteed to meet all EU (European Union) standards. The EU standards are the toughest in the world. (Typically, Dioxins are more of a problem in Fish Liver Oils because they cannot be molecularly distilled as thoroughly).
- If you are pregnant or lactating consult your health care practitioner prior to using Fish Oil.
- Omega-3 fatty acids are extremely susceptible to damage from free radicals. It is recommended that the antioxidants vitamin E, vitamin C and selenium be taken in concert with omega-3s.
- Because Omega-3 fatty acids have been shown to inhibit blood clotting, consult a health care practitioner prior to using Fish Oil if you have a blood disorder or are taking anti-coagulant medications.
- Fish Oil should not be used two days before or after any type of surgery.
Warning: If you are pregnant or lactating, consult your health care practitioner before using this product. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place.
Serving Size: 1 Softgel
Servings per Container: 60
Amount per Serving:
- Calories 10
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1g
- Polyunsaturated 0.5g
- Vitamin E 2 IU
- Fish Oil 1000mg
- EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) 330mg
- DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) 220mg
Other Ingredients: Gelatin, Glycerin, and Residual Water.
Allergen Information: Contains fish (anchovy, mackerel, sardine) and soy ingredients.
Take 1 softgel, up to three times daily with a meal.